- Clay, Clay Composite, Composite...What's the deal?
- Can I get a sample chip?
- Do you offer discounts for large orders?
- How many chips do I need?
- What colors should I buy?
- What are my payment options?
- Why would my card be declined if there are sufficient funds in my account?
- Why would an item be out of stock when it still appears on your site?
- Do you ever restock items that are sold out?
- Helpful Hints
1. Clay, Clay Composite, Composite...What's the deal?
Back in the 1800's chips were originally made of clay, but modern day chips are made of a combination of clay and other materials to increase durability. What exactly these other materials are, is closely held by the manufacturers. The chips you find at a major casino are a clay composite chip. They may have lead or brass powder added to the mixture to add weight and weigh anywhere from 8.5 grams - 10.5 grams. Chips of this type (such as the Paulson Chips) are very expensive and can cost as much as $1.35 EACH!. Please see the descriptions for each type of chip we offer at the "Chips" section of the web site for more information as to the composition of the chip.
Warning! We have seen many other poker web sites improperly describe their chips. If someone is telling you that they sell 11.5 Gram Clay chips, they are lying. There is no such thing! All 11.5 gram chips are made with metal inserts!
2. Can I get a sample chip?
Due to the enormous amounts of emails and phone calls we get for free samples, we can no longer honor these requests. Our chips are open stock and you are free to order a few of each chip to help you make your decision.
3. Do you offer discounts for large orders?
Poker Shoppe, Ltd. maintains a no haggle policy. We will not alter our prices becuase you tell us you found it cheaper somewhere else! Demand for poker products has sky-rocketed. While other internet sellers have in some cases more than doubled their prices, or demanded minimum chip orders, we have kept our pricing low and our chips are open stock. Therefore, we do not offer discounts of any kind to new customers. We do occasionally offer special discount codes to existing customers.
4. How many chips do I need?
How many people play?
3 to 4 = 300 chips
4 to 5 = 400 chips
6 to 8 = 500 chips
9 or more = 1000 plus
5. What colors should I buy?
If you want to use traditional casino chip colors:
$1 - Beige, White or Blue
$5 - Red
$100 - Black
6. What are my payment options?
We currently accept the following CREDIT CARDS ONLY:
We kindly ask that you DO NOT USE A DEBIT CARD to make your purchase! Most debit cards require you to enter a PIN number to confirm your purchase. We have no way to verify this type of card over the internet. Debit card orders will therefore be declined. Your bank however, will put a hold on your money for 3 to 5 business days before releasing the money back to your account. Poker Shoppe, Ltd. cannot & will not be held responsible to solve this problem for you.
- American Express
IMPORTANT: WE DO NOT EXTEND CREDIT TO ANYONE!
All orders must be paid for and verified prior to shipping. We will not accept any other form of payment other than a valid credit card for orders placed via phone or the web site. Please note the following exceptions below:
* We will accept cash from local residents for pickup orders only.
* We will accept cash or business checks from local business owners.
7. Why would my credit card be declined if there are sufficient funds in my account?
Do NOT use a debit card. We accept credit cards only. In order to protect our customers from fraudulent transactions, the billing and shipping address is verified through your credit card company, NOT your bank. If the billing address you provide us differs from the billing address on file with your credit card company, you could be declined. Please verify that your account information is correct, and then notify your credit card company to ensure that they have your most up-to-date information.
8. Why would an item be out of stock when it still appears on your site?
Because of the great deals we offer, many of our products sell out very quickly. We do update our site regularly, but there is an inevitable delay in reflecting the fluctuations of quantities of product on hand—particularly since thousands of people visit our online store everyday. To avoid missing out on our featured items, we encourage you to act quickly. Unlike most other internet retailers, we carry a full inventory for every product we sell. This means that when we say an item is in stock, we mean it. In rare cases however, we may take your order and then discover that the product is not available for shipping (i.e., it is damaged or defective). In this case, we will notify you via e-mail that it is on backorder and do our utmost to fulfill the order as soon as possible. You will also have the option to cancel the order or replace it with a similar item.
9. Do you ever restock items that are sold out?
Yes, we do everything possible to continue to restock our items.
10. Helpful Hints:
- Most Poker players use 3 or 4 denominations and/or colors to avoid confusion.
- Buy extra chips in small denominations and less of higher denominations. You can always convert.
- If your game travels, buy a chip case rather than a carousel.
- Can I get my chips customized?
- What does customization cost?
- Can I get different things stamped on different chips?
- How long does customization take?
- Can I get a custom font or logo stamped on my chip?
1. Can I get my chips customized?
5. Can I get a custom font or logo stamped on my chip?
Yes! You can customize your initials, denominations, or both, on poker chips. Certain types of chips with a blank center can be hot stamped with up to THREE characters (i.e. initials) or the following denominations (5¢ , 10¢ , 25¢ , 50¢ , $1 , $2 , $3 , $2.50 , $5 , $10 , $20 , $25 , $50 , $100 , $500 , $1000, $5000 and $10000). They can be stamped in black, white, silver or gold, on both sides of the chip. Stamping on just one side of the chip is not free or available.
2. What does customization cost?
7 cents per chip additional for the same thing stamped on both sides of the chip. (i.e. your initials OR denominations on both sides of the chip).
10 cents per chip additional for different things stamped on opposite sides of the chip. (i.e. your initials on one side, and a denomination on the other side).
3. Can I get different things stamped on different chips?
Yes. For instance, you could request that we stamp your white chips with $1, red chips with $5, green chips with $25, etc...
4. How long does customization take?
Hot stamping can take from 2 to 4 WEEKS. If you require faster service you must choose the "Custom Express" option (additional charges apply) when placing your order. Please note that you only need to choose the "Custom Express" option ONCE. If you are ordering multiiple chip sets, please add them to your shopping cart ONE SET AT A TIME. Otherwise, you will be over-charged for the rush service!
Yes! We are happy to announce that we are now able to offer customized hotstamping for all hotstamp-capable poker chips! Send us your artwork, and we will take care of the rest!
Give us a call at 1-516-872-1161 and our customer service representatives will take your order based on the hotstamp design you create! Add that special, personalized touch to your poker chip set today! Here are samples of designs that some of our customers have had specially done.
This flexible process allows for a multitude of possibilities:
The possibilities are endless!
- Personalized Monograms in unique fonts
- Family Names
- Curved text
- Business Logos
- Tournament Names and Keepsakes
- Graphics and Cartoons
You can even have your custom designed hotstamp order shipped to you 7 days* after being placed with Rush Delivery!
Custom Artwork Hotstamp Pricing:
Many of our customers have already taken advantage of this great opportunity, some of which updated their current set of poker chips with a new, distinctive look.
- General Die Fee: $100 per die
- Rush Die Delivery (optional): $75 per die
If you would like more information, or would like to place an order, please call us at 1-516-872-1161
*Time dependant upon quality of artwork sent to us as well as number of chips in order
PLEASE NOTE: CHIPS CANNOT BE RETURNED FOR A REFUND ONCE THEY ARE HOT STAMPED.
- What are my shipping options and how is the cost calculated?
- Do you accept international orders?
- How fast will my package be shipped?
- When will my package arrive?
- Can Poker Shoppe track my package for me?
- Can you ship to a P.O. Box?
- Who covers shipping costs if I return my purchase?
- Cost is not an issue! Can I have my order immediately?
- Are shipping costs refundable?
1. What are my shipping options and how is the cost calculated?
Shipping is calculated by the weight of the product(s) you are purchasing & the state you are shipping to. FOB OH. Our web site links directly to the UPS website to obtain the most up to date shipping rates. Poker Shoppe, Ltd. ships via UPS. Service levels available are Ground, 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air, and Next Day Saver Service. Poker Shoppe, Ltd. reserves the right to substitute an equivalent carrier at the same service level. Smaller orders (under 1 pound) can ship via USPS Priority Mail for $6.00 and will show as a possible shipping option upon checkout.
2. Do you accept international orders?
No. Only orders shipped within the U.S. are being accepted at this time.
3. How fast will my package be shipped?
Most orders ship within 1-2 business days. (EXCEPTION: LAST TWO WEEKS OF DECEMBER, most orders ship within 2-3 business days). If your order is held, it is due to a problem with the payment, the shipping address or for some other unforseen reason.
Premium service such as Overnight, 2nd Dar Air, or 3 Day Select will get priority handling.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT SHIP ON WEEKENDS.
4. When will my package arrive?
We do our best to expedite ALL shipmenns. However, we cannot take credit or blame for the timeliness or lateness of delivery services. Orders can take as much as 2 business days to be processed. If you place your order on Monday, Next Day Air does NOT necessarily mean you will get your package on Tuesday. If you order UPS Ground shipping, your package will get to you within 2-9 days depending on how close you are to our store or warehouse. Orders that request expedited service (such as Next Day Air or 2 Day Air) will be moved to the top of the queue. PLEASE place your orders in a timely fashion keeping this in mind. Tracking numbers are sent to all customers. You MUST provide us with a valid email address if you want a tracking number!
5. Can Poker Shoppe track my package for me?
Click the "My Account / Order Status" link at the top right hand side of our site to track your order.
6. Can you ship my package to a P.O. Box?
We can ship via USPS to a P.O. Box if your order weighs less than 1 pound. Otherwise all orders usually ship via UPS, in which case we need a physical shipping a address.
7. Who covers shipping costs if I return my purchase?
You do. All shipping fees are non-refundable. If you request a replacement, it will be shipped to you free of charge but you must pay the shipping costs to return your product!
8. Cost is not an issue! Can I have my order immediately?
Certain smaller items (such as books & software) are available for this type of expedited service. However, it is extremely costly! Please contact costumer service if you require this type of service.
9. Are shipping costs refundable?
Shipping costs are non-refundable! This is a non-negotiable issue!
By keeping our prices extremely low for our customers, we cannot in any way afford to refund shipping costs to our customers for any reason.